Ways to Relieve Stress and/or Anxiety - Guided Imagery
WAYS TO RELAX YOUR MIND:
Guided imagery helps your imagination to take you to a calm, peaceful place. As your mind and body are connected, guided imagery can make you feel like you are doing something just by imagining it. You can do guided imagery by using audio recordings or an instructor. You use all of your senses in guided imagery. Imagining yourself in a calm, peaceful setting can help you relax and relieve stress.
How to do a basic Visualisation:
- Find a comfortable place to sit or lie down, close your eyes
- Start by just taking a few deep breaths to help you relax
- Picture a setting that is calm and peaceful of your choose e.g. a beach, a mountain setting, a meadow
- Try to add some detail like is there a breeze, what does the sky look like.
- It can help to add a path to your scene like imagine a path leading you in to the meadow and to the lake on the over side and as you follow the path farther into the meadow you feel more and more relaxed.
- When you are deep into your scene and feeling relaxed, take a few minutes to breathe slowly and feel the calm.
- When you are ready, slowly take yourself out of the scene back to the present. Tell yourself that you will feel relaxed and refreshed and you will bring that sense of calm with you.
- Count to 3 and open your eyes.
|< Prev||Next >|
- 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- Mental Health Info Leaflets
- Mental Health Foundation
- Mental Health Info RC PSYCH
- Outlook:) South West Self Help
- Self Esteem
- Self Harm
- Stress and Anxiety
- Positive Thinking
- Living Life to the Full
- Useful Links
- Maintaining Progress
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Perinatal Mental Health